Product & Support
MyQ may decide now or in the future to discontinue the Maintenance, Support or Sales of a given product, module, feature or API. This page informs about how MyQ undertakes to communicate these circumstances to MyQ Partners and Customers.
End of Life Policy
The following factors may be behind discontinuing development and, at length, support:
- There have been advances in computing and networking which have made maintaining an old application impractical and uneconomical.
- It is better to allocate development resources to new projects than to older products used by only a handful of customers.
- Changes in the internal code may require a new version of modules and public APIs.
Any End-of-Life (EOL) announcements will be listed on www.myq-solution.com/end-of-life at least 90 days in advance.
End of Life Process
"End of life" doesn't mean that the application stops working – users can continue using it. EOL simply indicates that MyQ may not dedicate resources to resolving support issues and instead will suggest an upgrade pathway to the Customer.
Existing software is:
- Maintained for at least 6 months and at least 24-months for LTS* (long term support) versions.
- Supported throughout the entire validity period of Software Assurance purchased by the Customer.
- Provided with an upgrade pathway when End of Software Maintenance is announced.
*LTS (Long-term Support) version is maintained for a longer period of time than the standard edition, guarantees availability of all features and components, and is recommended for projects that are not expected or cannot be upgraded.
Software Support during EOL
MyQ provides Support to MyQ Customers through MyQ Certified Partners.
Support for recent versions includes:
- Operation support – helping questions about running the MyQ Product and performing desired actions.
- Troubleshooting – tips on how to overcome issues with the MyQ Product.
- Software Maintenance – releasing bug fixes, hotfixes and patches for the current software version.
When a product reaches the End of Software Maintenance stage, MyQ can provide only limited support for the product or software version. If a Customer encounters problems, it is mandatory for them to upgrade to the most recent version.
Support for older versions includes (the Customer needs valid SW Assurance):
- Operation support – helping the Customer with upgrading to the latest supported version.
- Troubleshooting – tips on how to overcome issues that may arise.
MyQ Products currently facing EOL
An up-to-date table with MyQ products to which the EOL Policy detailed above applies.
|Date||EOL Announcement||Product||Version||Affected date||Upgrade path|
|1/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||Samsung Embedded||5.x||3/31/2021||N/A|
|4/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||MyQ Print Server||7.x, 8.0||6/30/2021||MyQ Print Server 8.2|
|4/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||MyQ Central Server||7.x, 8.0||6/30/2021||MyQ Central Server 8.2|
|4/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||HP Embedded||8.1||6/30/2021||HP Embedded 8.2|
|4/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||Smart Print Services (SPS)||7.x, 8.0||6/30/2021||Desktop Client 8.2|
|4/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||Smart Job Manager (SJM)||7.x, 8.0||6/30/2021||Desktop Client 8.2|
|5/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||MyQ Central Server||8.1||7/31/2021||MyQ Central Server 8.2|
|6/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||MyQ Print Server||8.1||8/31/2021||MyQ Print Server 8.2|
|7/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||Toshiba Embedded||8.1||9/30/2021||Toshiba Embedded 8.2|
|7/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||Smart Print Services (SPS)||8.1, 8.2||9/30/2021||Desktop Client 8.2|
|7/1/2021||End of Software Maintenance||Smart Job Manager (SJM)||8.1, 8.2||9/30/2021||Desktop Client 8.2|
|7/20/2021||End of Sales||Terminal Pro w/ display||12/31/2021||N/A|